Topic: The Injurious School Culture Enforced by High-Stakes Testing
Replies: 15   Last Post: Nov 27, 2012 10:40 PM

Haim

Re: The Injurious School Culture Enforced by High-Stakes Testing

Gary Tupper Posted: Nov 25, 2012 1:46 AM

>On 11/24/2012 9:03 AM, Haim wrote:
>> Paul A. Tanner, III Posted: Nov 22, 2012 4:26 PM
>>

>>> NCLB was actually mostly written by Republicans
>>> associated with the Bush. Here is some proof:

>> Here is better proof:

>Wow - I think "better proof" may trump "good science"!

Well, Gary, you make a fascinating assertion that is worth closer investigation.

The original statement by Paul is: Here is some proof. Unless Paul actually does not know what he is talking about (I remain agnostic on this point), of course he did not mean proof, he meant evidence. You remained silent on whether Paul is talking gibberish or whether he just misspoke.

But, when I respond to Paul using the simple and transparent rhetorical device of parallelism
("I say taco they say taco"
http://youtu.be/i_dcjn6lspk)
and pattern my response after his original assertion, you are quick to make much of this tidbit of gibberish in order to undermine my argument. You know, Gary, if I did not know any better, I would say you do not actually care about the validity of arguments in this forum, you just want to score rhetorical points.

>I think we can reasonably conclude that both US parties
>are rather clueless about education and also jointly
>hold teachers in contempt.

You do not have to be a doctor to be wary of a doctor who kills most of his patients.

Haim
No representation without taxation.