Topic: Brightness Versus Intelligence. / Eastern Versus Western learning
Replies: 10   Last Post: Nov 26, 2012 11:53 AM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: [math-learn] Brightness Versus Intelligence. / Eastern Versus Western learning
att1.html (4.2 K)

On Nov 25, 2012, at 4:01 AM, "Clyde Greeno @ MALEI" <greeno@malei.org> wrote:

> Hansen-type pursuits/dialog are only peripheral to scientific efforts. However, if Hansen (and company) are interested in some samples of research that is not "lacking":
> http://arapaho.nsuok.edu/~okar-maa/news/okarproceedings/OKAR-2005/clgreeno-part2.html
> http://arapaho.nsuok.edu/~okar-maa/news/okarproceedings/OKAR-2005/clgreeno-part1.html
> http://arapaho.nsuok.edu/~okar-maa/news/okarproceedings/OKAR-2007/2007OKARMAA_U&L-Limits.htm

These are hypotheses, not research. Everyone starts with these.

What I have asked for and that you have not supplied are actual curriculums and students of those curriculums, beyond a 5 minute video or two. For all of your theorizing of what a curriculum is, should be, or should not be, you don't actually have one.

> Currently, MALEI's R&D efforts are focused on finding realistic and effective, non-curricular ways of mathematically salvaging educationally disadvantaged adults, youth, schools, and communities.

You mean students that are failing mathematics, correct?

Bob Hansen