Topic: How Can I Make A String Variable With Styled Text?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 25, 2012 11:38 PM

David Reiss

Re: How Can I Make A String Variable With Styled Text?

One should be able to do this with the function Interpretation;
however, Interpretation does not seem to work properly with strings.
I "interpret" that as a bug...

Thus, I believe that one should be able to define

temp = Interpretation[
Row[{Style["This is boldface.", Bold], " The rest is not."}],
"This is boldface. The rest is not."]

and then be able to execute some thing like,

Characters[temp]

and get the list of characters in the string. This, however, does not
work.

--David