Topic: The Injurious School Culture Enforced by High-Stakes Testing
Replies: 15   Last Post: Nov 27, 2012 10:40 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: The Injurious School Culture Enforced by High-Stakes Testing

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:
> The original statement by Paul is: Here is some proof. Unless Paul actually does not know what he is talking about (I remain agnostic on this point), of course he did not mean proof, he meant evidence. You remained silent on whether Paul is talking gibberish or whether he just misspoke.

Oh please. I most certainly meant what I said.

(Do I need to spell out everything to the literalist, conservative mind that has problems handling more than one use of a term in English? Evidently.)

http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/s217.htm

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/proof

The general use of the term "prove" in natural language is akin to the different uses of the term we find in law, not in mathematics. (Everyone should know this.)

I again reiterate absolutely everything I said in my prior post

in this thread, and yes, I reiterate that via extensive documentation of fact that I *prove* the assertions I made.