Topic: Word Problem
Replies: 2   Last Post: Nov 26, 2012 9:41 PM

Frederick Williams

Re: Word Problem

William Elliot wrote:

> If into a field with five cows, you add
> a bull, how much bull will you get?

The word problem for groups is (recursively) unsolvable. I've never
heard of a word problem for fields. I do recall a school physics
teacher asking "What do you find in magnetic fields?" I do not know
what answer he was expecting, but the answer he got was "Magnetic
cows." Oh, how we laughed.