Topic: A new math usenet group
Replies: 148   Last Post: Dec 16, 2012 12:23 AM

Thomas Nordhaus

Re: A new math usenet group

Am 26.11.2012 18:15, schrieb Tonicopm@yahoo.com:

> Well, no offence intended at all, and "those of us" that still see this a site which basically deals with mathematics (and I don't understand how can it be seen as such, taking into account the ratio trash/(actual mathematics) in the last 6-7 years AT LEAST) are a very-very-very small minority

sci.math is not a site. It is a usenet Newsgroup. The google-groups
interface in the internet is a sub-optimal way to post and read.

> If to the above you add the horrible way mathematical stuff is written here, as there is no LaTeX friendly device in here, no wonder that many people who did actual mathematics in the past don't show up anymore.

This is and never was a problem. You just use some kind of pseudo-TeX to
make the mathematical content readable. That works really well.

> I've almost erased this site from my Favourite ones, but there's still a dim hope something may change someday...

Get a usenet-account and a newsreader. That makes the access much more
simple.

--
Thomas Nordhaus

Date Subject Author
8/14/09
Read A new math usenet group
William Elliot
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Musatov
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Jack
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Musatov
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Frederick Williams
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
OwlHoot
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Jack
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
William Elliot
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
lwalke3@lausd.net
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Jesse F. Hughes
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Jack
8/16/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
adamk
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
David Bernier
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
David R Tribble
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/15/09
Read I am working
Guest
8/15/09
Read Double Helix Replacement for DNA and Special Relativity
Guest
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
J. Antonio Perez M.
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
lwalke3@lausd.net
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Brian Chandler
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Jesse F. Hughes
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Pubkeybreaker
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Pubkeybreaker
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Constructive Truth
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
lwalke3@lausd.net
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/19/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Aatu Koskensilta
8/20/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
OwlHoot
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
brian fletcher
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
OwlHoot
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Frederick Williams
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
William Elliot
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Frederick Williams
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Cliff Bott
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Frederick Williams
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Pubkeybreaker
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Pubkeybreaker
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
OwlHoot
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Richard L. Peterson
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Jack
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
hdbanannah
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
J. Antonio Perez M.
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
mensanator
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
scribio_vide
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bacle
8/14/09
Read easier to ban Musatov: help contribute evidence
Guass163
8/14/09
Read Re: easier to ban Musatov: help contribute evidence
ken quirici
11/24/12
Read Re: easier to ban Musatov: help contribute evidence
11/26/12
[...]
Read Easier to ban Speech than to Ignore it?
Constructive Truth
8/16/09
Read Re: Easier to ban Speech than to Ignore it?
ken quirici
8/16/09
[...]
Penny Hassett
8/16/09
[...]
[...]