Topic: Cantor's first proof in DETAILS
Replies: 85   Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 7:23 AM

ross.finlayson@gmail.com

Re: Cantor's first proof in DETAILS

On Nov 26, 12:03 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <ba2d403e-154a-46d2-9fc9-6e5ae92ed...@vy11g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
>

> > On Nov 25, 11:22 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <be566287-1de6-426b-a9d8-420bb9279...@n2g2000pbp.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Then give a reference to some of them, preferably by someone other than
> > > yourself.

> > > In particular we need a mathematically satisfactorily definition of your
> > > alleged EF, again preferably by someone other than yourself, which will
> > > take it out of the realm of mythology.
> > > --

> > I wrote all that.
>
> Did you?
>
> I certainly do not ever recall seeing your alleged EF adequately
> presented, and see now no references to where one might see it
> presented, whether adequately or not.
>
> And if you still will not provide a reference to it, a url, or something
> through which anyone can access it to see it for him or her self, it is
> as if no such thing ever existed.
>
> Which in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I will continue to
> assume.
> --

http://mathforum.org/kb/search!execute.jspa?forumID=13&objID=f13&forceEmptySearch=true&q=%22Equivalency+Function%22
at least hundreds of results

http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=7888348 "Cantor-
Finlayson theory"

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math/msg/af29323d694cf89e 1999 -
"Equivalency Function"

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math/msg/ccb0941dc3421afd perhaps
the first mention

Do you know the old saw about "assume"?

My friends, or as I would so address you, the definition of EF is
written in some few lines: constantly monotonically increasing from
zero through one.

Regards,

Ross Finlayson

Date Subject Author