Topic: nchoosek all pairwise combinations
Replies: 10   Last Post: Nov 27, 2012 7:46 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: nchoosek all pairwise combinations

On 11/27/2012 4:37 AM, Jos (10584) wrote:
> "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> wrote in message
>> Nice. I did not know about cellstr. That is definitly
>> better. 2 lines shorter than mine :)

> ... but your code uses my function ALLCOMB which gives you lots of credits ;-)

I had harder time since I did not know about cellstr.

Using cellstr, now it is like this (with the use of allcomb (nice function))

------------------------------
A=['a', 'b', 'c', 'd','e']; N=size(A,2);
reshape(cellstr(A(allcomb(1:N,1:N))),N,N)

'aa' 'ba' 'ca' 'da' 'ea'
'ab' 'bb' 'cb' 'db' 'eb'
'ac' 'bc' 'cc' 'dc' 'ec'
'ad' 'bd' 'cd' 'dd' 'ed'
'ae' 'be' 'ce' 'de' 'ee'

I dont know how I overlooked cellstr. Very useful.

--Nasser