Topic: K-nearest neighbor search
Replies: 1   Last Post: Nov 27, 2012 11:01 AM

Steven Lord

Re: K-nearest neighbor search

"Graham " <graham@peyton.co.za> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying the use the function 'knnsearch'. When I run the example code
> in the 'knnsearch' documentation (see
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/stats/knnsearch.html), I get the following
> error:

> ??? Undefined function or method 'knnsearch' for input arguments of type
> 'double'.
>
> Error in ==> Test at 7
> [n,d]=knnsearch(x,y,'k',10,'distance','minkowski','p',5);
>
> Please could you try run the code in that link, or perhaps suggest why I'm
> getting this error?

Check the output of the VER function to see if it indicates you have
Statistics Toolbox installed. If you don't, you will not be able to use this
function until or unless you install it.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com