Topic: changes to path reverted on closing
Replies: 5   Last Post: Nov 29, 2012 9:26 AM

Steven Lord

Re: changes to path reverted on closing

"Kaare " <miturian@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> Did you save the path?
>>
>> http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/savepath.html
>>
>> --
>> Steve Lord
>> slord@mathworks.com
>> To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
>> http://www.mathworks.com

> Yes, as I said, the path stays changed for the remainder of the session.
> Both going through the GUI and typing "path" shows the new folder as being
> on the path.

There's a difference between changing the path for the remainder of the
current session (which the PATH function does and the PATHTOOL GUI does by
default) and saving those changes permanently so that the changes persist
for future sessions (which is what SAVEPATH does.)

If you're okay with changing it via the PATHTOOL GUI, click the Save button
to save the path permanently (which is the same as calling PATH/ADDPATH then
SAVEPATH.)

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com