Topic: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Replies: 62   Last Post: Mar 14, 2013 9:59 PM

Pubkeybreaker

Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem

On Nov 27, 2:58 pm, quasi <qu...@null.set> wrote:
> John Jens wrote:
> >quasi wrote:

> >>Copying part of the text from the link above (enough to
> >>expose the error in Jens' reasoning) ...

> >> Yes, but note that a^p = a (mod p) does not imply 0 <= a < p.

> >> Sure, but that doesn't even come close to proving Fermat's
> >> Last Theorem. All you've proved is the trivial result that if
> >> a,b,c are positive integers with p prime such that
> >> a^p + b^p = c^p then c >= p.

> >"Assume that a , b , c naturals and p prime and 0<a=b<c<p"
>
> Yes, you can assume anything you want, but then any conclusion
> is conditional on that assumption.
>
> Without loss of generality, you can assume
>
>    0 < a <= b < c
>
> but how do you justify the inequality c < p?
>
> Of course you can take 2 cases:
>
>    (1) c < p
>
>    (2) C >= p
>
> The case you analyzed is the case c < p (the trivial case),
> and you never even considered the other case. Thus, you
> did not actually prove Fermat's Last Theorem.

He might also want to check his proof when p = 2.....

Date Subject Author
11/27/12
Read From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Frederick Williams
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
David Bernier
11/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Stemper
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Ki Song
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
gus gassmann
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Ki Song
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
11/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/1/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
vrut25@gmail.com
12/2/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/2/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/2/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/5/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/5/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/5/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/6/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/6/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/6/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Bart Goddard
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
3/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/14/13
Read From Fermat little theorem to 'la theoreme "dernier" du Fermat -- and
the next one'
Brian Q. Hutchings
12/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/31/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/31/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/31/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
1/2/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/4/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/4/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
1/4/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
wheretogo