Topic: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Replies: 62   Last Post: Mar 14, 2013 9:59 PM

John Jens

Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem

On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:58:32 PM UTC+2, quasi wrote:
> John Jens wrote:
>

> >quasi wrote:

> >>Copying part of the text from the link above (enough to
>
> >>expose the error in Jens' reasoning) ...

> >> Yes, but note that a^p = a (mod p) does not imply 0 <= a < p.

> >> Sure, but that doesn't even come close to proving Fermat's
>
> >> Last Theorem. All you've proved is the trivial result that if
>
> >> a,b,c are positive integers with p prime such that
>
> >> a^p + b^p = c^p then c >= p.
>

> >"Assume that a , b , c naturals and p prime and 0<a=b<c<p"
>

> Yes, you can assume anything you want, but then any conclusion
>
> is conditional on that assumption.
>

> Without loss of generality, you can assume
>

> 0 < a <= b < c
>

> but how do you justify the inequality c < p?
>

> Of course you can take 2 cases:
>

> (1) c < p
>

> (2) C >= p
>

> The case you analyzed is the case c < p (the trivial case),
>
> and you never even considered the other case. Thus, you
>
> did not actually prove Fermat's Last Theorem.
>

> quasi

If a > c and/or b > c it's obvious that a^p + b^p > c^p.
We ca choose z ,y ,z > p , x <= y < z and using modulus properties a ,b ,c, a <= b < c ,a < p that x = a + mp ,y = b + np, z = c + qp with m, n ,q naturals
(a + mp)^p?(a + mp)(modp)=a + mp + kp=a + p(m+k)...

Date Subject Author
11/27/12
Read From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Frederick Williams
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
David Bernier
11/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Stemper
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Ki Song
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
gus gassmann
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Ki Song
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
11/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
11/28/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/1/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
vrut25@gmail.com
12/2/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/2/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/2/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/5/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/5/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/5/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/6/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/6/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/6/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Bart Goddard
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Michael Klemm
3/7/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/14/13
Read From Fermat little theorem to 'la theoreme "dernier" du Fermat -- and
the next one'
Brian Q. Hutchings
12/29/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/31/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/31/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
12/31/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
1/2/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/4/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
1/4/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
quasi
1/4/13
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
John Jens
12/30/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
Pubkeybreaker
11/27/12
Read Re: From Fermat little theorem to Fermat Last Theorem
wheretogo