Topic: associating .m files with matlab
Replies: 45   Last Post: Aug 14, 2014 2:45 AM

vomov

From: Nijmegen, Netherlands
Registered: 10/1/09
Re: associating .m files with matlab

The problem with file associations is quite well-known, and the 'new method' does nothing to alleviate it, to my knowledge. It actually can interfere with the Windows 7 method of extension management, and result in the 'matlab opens but does not open my m-file'-problem.

The problem usually disappears by uninstalling, deleting the file associations through the registry or an utility, and reinstalling. Messing with the registry can be quite dangerous, but if someone follows the instructions, there is no danger of damage to any system or program. Same goes for utilities.

"Wayne" wrote in message <k957ml$r1u$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> DO NOT manually delete registry settings nor use fileassoc!
>
> In R2010b, a new method for registering file associations was introduced. It allows multiple installed versions of MATLAB to have their own file associations (i.e. no more m-file progid). This allows you to easily switch your file associations from one version of MATLAB to another. To avoid the problem below, uninstall the pre-R2010b version of MATLAB before installing any of these newer versions. If you?ve already screwed things up, then reinstall the new version. These newer versions can be installed or uninstalled in any order.

Date Subject Author
10/9/10
Read associating .m files with matlab
nishant
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ImageAnalyst
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mark Shore
9/10/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Zhanhong
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
CHEW YEONG
10/9/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mark Shore
10/10/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
10/10/10
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
CHEW YEONG
1/4/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
1/5/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
1/19/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jesse Sipple
1/19/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jonathan
2/21/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
grafikon
3/6/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Muhammad Ali
3/6/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
grafikon
4/3/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mammar
11/8/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Chad
11/8/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
11/18/11
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
2/9/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
neiho
2/21/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Amir
3/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Godzilla
3/16/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
3/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Godzilla
5/2/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
dick mini
5/25/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Gordon
6/11/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ahahah
6/11/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
6/12/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
6/15/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
ahahah
11/25/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Johannes
11/27/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Steven Lord
11/28/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Wayne
11/28/12
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
vomov
1/28/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Matt H
2/13/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Jesse Sipple
4/21/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Zack
2/8/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Mohamed Talaat Harb
3/14/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Salvatore
5/2/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
zemerovingian@gmail.com
9/9/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
alvinsa
9/9/13
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Yair Altman
8/14/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Paul
3/15/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
Muhammad Rehan Abbasi
4/17/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
kondiik@gmail.com
4/22/14
Read Re: associating .m files with matlab
s183114