Topic: Image rotation detection probelm
Replies: 32   Last Post: Aug 8, 2013 10:46 PM

Phillip

Re: Image rotation detection probelm

Hi Darren,

Is it a coincidence that the peak of your cross-correlation appears to be at ~360, or are you getting that confused with the angular expanse of the polar image? What is the array size?

To avoid confusion you should not "hard code" these numbers. eg for one of your lines I would replace:
cc1_Matrix = cc_Matrix(130:150,340:380);

With something like:
cc1_Matrix = cc_Matrix(rowCentre - roiDiam/2 : rowCentre + roiDiam/2, colCentre - roiDiam/2 : colCentre + colDiam/2);

You also have to calculate the angle based on the ntheta input to the polartrans function. For example, if you specified ntheta = 720, each position in the array would be worth 0.5 deg.

So instead of:
Angle_of_rotation = 340+a-360

Try (I think):

Angle_of_rotation = (a + colCentre - xSize/2) * 360/ntheta

Where xSize is the diameter of the whole array.

Make sure you get an angle of zero for the test case where the images are the same.

"Darren g" wrote in message <k93t79$7d3$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi Phillip,
>
> Thank you for the function details for finding the centre of mass. I have used this function within my code to find the centre of mass of the intensity peak region. However, the angular rotation is not resulting correctly but displayed with four decimal places. Below is the part of the code. The maximum intensity is found at column 361 and row 141 for the first two set of images and a small change for the rest.
>
> [max_cc_Matrix, maxColumn] = max(max(cc_Matrix))
> [max_cc_Matrix, maxRow] = max(cc_Matrix(:, maxColumn))
> %Angle_of_rotation = maxColumn-360 % for finding rotation using the intensity peak.
> cc1_Matrix = cc_Matrix(130:150,340:380); % only the region surrounding the
> % maximum peak is considered.
> [a,b] = find_com(cc1_Matrix) % calling function for finding centre of mass
> Angle_of_rotation = 340+a-360
> A1(k,:) = [k, Angle_of_rotation];
> disp(A)
>
> This will give the image no and the angle of rotation of a set of images.
> Any error in calling the function or calculation?
>
> Thanks.
> Darren

Date Subject Author
6/19/09
Read Image rotation detection probelm
Pradyumna A
6/19/09
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Matt
9/16/09
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Hamid Reza Mohseni Nejad
8/2/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/21/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
chee ali
12/21/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/21/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Matt J
12/21/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/14/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/14/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/19/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/19/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/26/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/26/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/27/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/28/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/29/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/2/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/3/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/4/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/11/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/11/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/12/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/12/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Steven Lord
2/6/13
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Kev
12/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Kev
7/7/13
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
xmlfor
8/8/13
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
jacaboo