Topic: questions about a "proof" of the Goldbach Conjecture.
Replies: 4   Last Post: Nov 28, 2012 11:24 PM

locorodrigueztorres@gmail.com

Re: questions about a "proof" of the Goldbach Conjecture.

El lunes, 26 de noviembre de 2012 13:38:44 UTC-4:30, christian.bau escribió:
> On Nov 26, 5:15 am, forbisga...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> I'll call a set S of positive integers a "Goldbach set" if every even
> integer >= 4 is the sum of two elements of S.
> You can use "... if every even integer > 7 is the sum of two distinct
> elements of S".
> The Goldbach Conjecture now states that the set of primes is a
> "Goldbach set".

> Sets with many elements tend more to be Goldbach sets, while sets with
> fewer elements tend less to be Goldbach sets.

In www.primepuzzles.net/puzzles/puzz_088.htm you can see the minimum "Goldbach sets" than can produce the first 50,100,250 even numbers.
It interesting to know that there are 24 odd primes available for produce the 50 even numbers < 100 but 13 are sufficient. Same, there are 45 odd primes available for the 100 even numbers < 200 but 19 are sufficient.
Ludovicus