Topic: Let's Teach Students, Not "Inspire" Them
Replies: 7   Last Post: Dec 1, 2012 11:17 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Let's Teach Students, Not "Inspire" Them

I need to amend, slightly, my post dated Nov 28, 2012 7:50 PM (which is pasted for reference below my signature):

I may have given the impression in my above-noted post that it is impossible to change the state of an individual's 'intellectual honesty'.

That impression needs some modification: It is, I suspect, EXTREMELY difficult to change the 'state of one's intellectual honesty' through learning - but I believe it should be possible to do this by application of the 'One Page Management System' (OPMS). Unfortunately, I have no test cases that I can readily use to illustrate this claim; Mark Twain's dictum - "The best reason for telling the truth is that you don't have to remember ANYTHING" (words to that effect) - may be a powerful incentive to enable and enforce honesty upon oneself.

[It is also EXTREMELY difficult to get over the habit of 'smoking' - but I believe it is possible to do this. Unfortunately, I have no OPMS test cases to illustrate this possibility, either. I myself did manage to give up smoking a couple of decades ago - but I must confess that it was unfortunately NOT through OPMS that I succeeded in doing this!]

GSC