Topic: changes to path reverted on closing
Replies: 5   Last Post: Nov 29, 2012 9:26 AM

Steven Lord

Re: changes to path reverted on closing

"Kaare " <miturian@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> There's a difference between changing the path for the remainder of the
>> current session (which the PATH function does and the PATHTOOL GUI does
>> by default) and saving those changes permanently so that the changes
>> persist for future sessions (which is what SAVEPATH does.)
>>
>> If you're okay with changing it via the PATHTOOL GUI, click the Save
>> button to save the path permanently (which is the same as calling
>> PATH/ADDPATH then SAVEPATH.)
>>

> I clicked "save" when going through file -> set path. I assume that is
> what you are referring to?

That should do it, unless you had a pathdef.m file in the directory where
you started MATLAB or lacked the necessary permissions to modify the normal
pathdef.m file or something like that. You should probably work with
Technical Support to further diagnose the cause of this problem.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com