Topic: Cantor's first proof in DETAILS
Replies: 85   Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 7:23 AM

FredJeffries@gmail.com

Re: Cantor's first proof in DETAILS

On Nov 30, 8:39 am, "Ross A. Finlayson" <ross.finlay...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > You've had this function for 13 years now and you STILL can't
> > calculate the area of a triangle with it.

> Fred Jeffries who I respect:  I'd like to think that's in the context
> of modeling Dirac's delta with triangles or radial basis functions,
> but what's important to describe of EF as plotted is this:  removing
> all the space between the integers and plotting the elements in the
> range it would look like f(x) = x from zero to one, half a square and
> a triangle, but the F-Sigma Lebesgue integral of EF evaluates to one
> not one half, now that's the surprise.
>
> EF:  CDF:  of the uniform distribution of the natural integers.

Sorry, I can't decipher the above two paragraphs. All I see is
13 years and 3 math degrees and still can't calculate the
area of a triangle

Date Subject Author
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
Virgil