Topic: jumping directly to uisetcolor "more color..." tab
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 2, 2012 4:23 PM

orion216

From: Netherlands
Registered: 9/24/07
Re: jumping directly to uisetcolor "more color..." tab

Hello Yair,

Thanks for the quick response. Your website was actually the first I looked at, and I found it really cool. Yet I am not very familiar with incorporating Java component in Matlab, so I fell back to uigetcolor. Now that you're here, can you enlighten me:
1. where is the Ok to confirm selection in every example of yours. How to get the return value. I managed to get the chosen color from

cc = javax.swing.JColorChooser;
>> [jColorChooser,container] = javacomponent(cc,[1,1,450,325],gcf);

by jColorChooser.getColor, but for

cp = com.mathworks.mlwidgets.graphics.ColorPicker(options,icon,'');
[jColorPicker,hContainer] = javacomponent(cp,[10,220,30,20],gcf);

jColorPicker.getColor is not valid.

2. In my design I'd like to have a square, then a color selection button next to it like
options = 0; icon = 0;
cp = com.mathworks.mlwidgets.graphics.ColorPicker(options,icon,'');
that will open the swatches of
cc = javax.swing.JColorChooser;

to pick the color for the square. I tried cc = javax.swing.JColorChooser(options, icon. '');
but failed, apparently because I dont know the function signature.

Where can I find more info on the prototype, methods, properties of components like ColorPicker, jColorPicker, JColorChooser, etc., to modify as will?
I do hope the anwer wont be "purchase my report/book".
many thanks.