Topic: Mathematica 9.0.0.0 for windows crash
Replies: 11   Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 2:23 AM

George Woodrow III

Re: Mathematica 9.0.0.0 for windows crash

I got this e-mail this morning -- you probably did as well

---------
It has come to our attention that some customers who have
upgraded to our release of Mathematica 9 for Windows have
encountered a serious issue with updating faulty fonts from a
previous version of Mathematica, which can cause a system crash
(blue screen).

The issue is rare and was not found during extensive internal and
external prerelease testing. At this time, we advise against
installing Mathematica 9 for Windows until we can provide you
with an update that addresses this issue. This is anticipated to
be available within a few days.

Macintosh and Linux versions are not affected, and systems that
have not had previous versions of Mathematica installed are not
affected.

If you have already installed Mathematica 9 for Windows and have
not encountered this issue, there is nothing you need to do.

If you have installed Mathematica 9 for Windows and have
encountered the issue, please contact Technical Support, who can
help you address the issue. Alternatively, you can apply the
simple, one-time, fix to the problem described here:
http://support.wolfram.com/kb/11160

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Regards,

Arnoud Buzing
Director of Quality Assurance
Wolfram Research