Topic: Disabling Ctrl + w
Replies: 1   Last Post: Dec 3, 2012 5:13 PM

Steven Lord

Re: Disabling Ctrl + w

"Nick " <dsfadfa@aol.com> wrote in message
> I am running matlab under windows 7.
> Sometimes when I go to save a file with ctrl+s I accidentally hit ctrl + w
> and the entire matlab closes!
> Is there a way to disable this?

1) Change the keyboard shortcut using the Preferences.
2) The Confirmation Dialogs item under General in the Preferences may,
depending on what release of MATLAB you're using, have an item that requires
you to confirm before closing MATLAB.
3) Create a finish.m file that prompts you when you try to close MATLAB
(accidentally or intentionally.)

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/finish.html

--
Steve Lord