Topic: Mathematica 9.0.0.0 for windows crash
Replies: 11   Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 2:23 AM

Prof. Jake

Re: Mathematica 9.0.0.0 for windows crash

When you say "patch" are you taking about a patch for Mathematica of for
you OS? And in another posting, did you say that you were able to keep a
version on your computer and that they all worked?

Thanks
Prof. Jake

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Koppel [mailto:akoppel@akso.de]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2012 4:04 AM
Subject: Re: Mathematica 9.0.0.0 for windows crash

Because of this Bug I have lost 2 complete working days. I have upgraded
3 different Windows-7/64 System from Mathematica 8 to 9.
Every system crashes with a Blue Screen (have never seen this for years)
during several operations. It wasn't in my mind that Mathematica may cause
these crashes so I have searched for virusses, hardware-problems, installed
backups and so on, grmbl.
After installing the patch the systems do work stable right now Regards
Andre

<guillermo.sanchez@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi group
>> I installed Mathematica 9.0.0.0 in a Core I7 with OS windows 8 Pro. I
>> have to uninstalled Mathematica 8.0.4 (that worked fine). Since I

installed Math 9 my computer crashed always that I run Mathemica 8 with the
forgotten event Blue screen Have other users got the same experience?