Topic: Re: WG 13 Announcement: CERME 8 [Turkey]
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 4, 2012 5:29 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: WG 13 Announcement: CERME 8 [Turkey]

Kirby Urner posted Dec 4, 2012 10:49 AM (GSC's remarks interspersed):
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Haim
> <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:
>

> > This kind of celebration is coming soon to a

> neighborhood near you,
> > thanks to our multiculti friends in the Education
> Mafia.
> >
> > Haim
> > No representation without taxation.
> >

> Humans are stupid violent creatures. I don't know
> what your Education Mafia is supposed to do about that.

You know and I know that the 'Education Mafia' (if such an entity actually exists anywhere outside Haim's fevered imagination) can do very little about human stupidity and violence. Perhaps educators might try to improve the human "curriculum" (in broad terms, as you've rightly described it below) - but one needs what I call a 'question-asking frame of mind' to do that. Haim's one-dimensional 'solution' is rather different: "PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL!" (Wayne Bishop has a different version of the same story: "BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION!")

On the other hand, we might try to "improve the 'human curriculum'". Or "improve the functioning of the schools of education". But these approaches require careful thought and work, which seems to be out of reach for these '1-Dimensional' thinkers.

> Or rather, I agree: the "curriculum" (in broad
> terms) is very much to
> blame, and it could be upgraded radically.

Indeed. It HAS to be upgraded radically - and thanks for recognising this. The 'One Page Management System' (OPMS) is a useful tool to accomplish such 'upgradation'.

> As for "multi-culturalism" being the cause -- that
> doesn't mean much to me.

The Nazis also identified a 'cause' (the Jewish people) for all the woes of Germany after WWI - and they then went right into WWII to cure those woes!

> It's like a truism, a tautology: when groups are
> fighting other groups,
> there's some difference in ethnicity you might use to
> tell them apart, if
> not in appearance, then in how they speak or act.

Indeed. Some believe there's a '1-D solution' for these ills - in real life '1-D thinking' just cannot work.

> Take the US Civil War, take the Thirty Years War in
> Europe, take the Boer
> War... the list is endless and ongoing.

And we in India have had a sizable number of these conflicts between Hindus and Muslims (to our eternal shame) - and we have also suffered other 'multi-cultural conflicts'. Lately, there has been some burning of churches by certain fascist groups amongst Hindus.

The one thing I am pretty certain about is that the '1-D solution' just cannot work. Many people are nowadays beginning to realise that they need to seek 'multi-dimensional resolutions' of such issues, rather than just blaming 'the other'.

> And yeah, Muslims are the same idiotic creatures the
> Angels despise
> (humans suck, should never have been invented).

Unfortunately, humans HAVE been invented and - by virtue of evolutionary capabilities developed - we have come to dominate the planet. How to prevent ourselves from destroying each other/ourselves and the rest of the planet along with us?

> Lucifer laughs out loud (LOL) every time a religious
> bigot kills another one.
>
> Humans have been attacking humans since time
> immemorial, and you're using
> such incidents to attack, well, humans. Where will
> it end?

It will end, so the '1-D thinkers' believe when the 'EDUCATION MAFIA HAVE BEEN PUT IN JAIL!" or "THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION HAVE ALL BEEN BLOWN UP!" Can any idea be more ridiculous?

> My approach is to transfer more and more violence
> into the imagination where it belongs. Keep it on the
> verbal plane.

Well, I'd guess that's better than the physical violence - but I'm not certain that is the whole answer.

> That's what civilization does for us.

Well yes, if we're 'civilized' we'd certainly learn to handle such conflicts. As we haven't yet so learned, it is clear we are not yet civilized.

> Don't take away fantasy violence, make it be the best
> replacement for "acting out" as they say.

Well, as I said, that's definitely better than a physical expression of that violence - but I believe that cannot be the whole answer.

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy