Topic: Re: WG 13 Announcement: CERME 8 [Turkey]
Replies: 1   Last Post: Dec 4, 2012 12:20 PM

Louis Talman

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 08:43:08 -0700, GS Chandy <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Reference to Haim's posts on 'Education Mafia' and 'multiculturalism'.
>
> Let to be clear that I have it all right:

You've missed the point, I think.

If those whom Haim calls "the Education Mafia" (TEM) want to use the term
"multiculturalism" unlimited by either definition or axiom without
admitting that they are doing so, then surely Haim has the privilege of
using the term "multiculturalism" without limiting it either by definition
or by axiom---or admitting that he is doing so.

He may also use "TEM" without limit and without admitting that he is doing
so.

Of course, others---including you and me---share this privilege. That's
only fair.

As this list attests, such privileges make for dandy arguments that have
no resolutions.

- --Lou Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver

<http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>