Topic: Mathematica 9.0.0.0 for windows crash
Replies: 11   Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 2:23 AM

Murray Eisenberg

Re: Mathematica 9.0.0.0 for windows crash

This is a patch for Mathematica, not Windows!

At least at my site, the original Windows installers that led to the
crash have been replaced by updated ones already containing the fix.

On Dec 4, 2012, at 4:07 AM, Prof. Jake <pa002@comcast.net> wrote:

> When you say "patch" are you taking about a patch for Mathematica of
for
> you OS? And in another posting, did you say that you were able to
keep a
> version on your computer and that they all worked?
>
> Thanks
> Prof. Jake

upgraded
> 3 different Windows-7/64 System from Mathematica 8 to 9.
> Every system crashes with a Blue Screen (have never seen this for

years)
> during several operations. It wasn't in my mind that Mathematica may
cause
> these crashes so I have searched for virusses, hardware-problems,
installed
> backups and so on, grmbl.
> After installing the patch the systems do work stable right now

Regards
> Andre
>
> Am 03.12.2012 09:31, schrieb George Woodrow III:
>

>> george
>> On Dec 1, 2012, at 4:37 AM, Guillermo Sanchez

> <guillermo.sanchez@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi group
>>> I installed Mathematica 9.0.0.0 in a Core I7 with OS windows 8 Pro.

>>> have to uninstalled Mathematica 8.0.4 (that worked fine). Since I
> installed Math 9 my computer crashed always that I run Mathemica 8
with the
> forgotten event Blue screen Have other users got the same experience?
>>> Guillermo

---
Murray Eisenberg
murray@math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2838
(W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305