Topic: Default font in Mathematica 9
Replies: 19   Last Post: Dec 9, 2012 11:32 PM

steve@smc.vnet.net

Re: Default font in Mathematica 9

On Dec 4, 2012, at 4:09 AM, David Reiss <dbreiss@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 3, 4:03 am, Brendan Godfrey <brendan.godf...@ieee.org> wrote:
>> Mathematica 8 had Times as its default font. Mathematica 9 uses
Courier. How do I change it back to Times? Thanks.

> Which default font are you referring to? The font for Text cells?
> There are many different fonts depending on which type of cell you are
> considering.
>
> One thing that has changed in a significant way in M9 is that the
> fonts and styling for the default style sheet Default.nb are very
> different than in V8 and all versions before. For example the default
> font for Text cells is now Arial rather than Times, and the Section
> cells now have a larger font size and are now colored orange rather
> than black.
>
> As a general opinion, I feel that this is the wrong design
> choice....

Agreement here!

---
Murray Eisenberg
murray@math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305