Topic: Basic Matlab Help
Replies: 4   Last Post: Dec 5, 2012 6:11 PM

dpb

Re: Basic Matlab Help

On 12/5/2012 4:54 PM, Amy wrote:
> dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <k9ohvh$bs7$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
>> On 12/5/2012 4:21 PM, Amy wrote:
>> > ...My goal is to make GUI that displays multiple questions
>> > separately in a random order using randperm. ...

>> Just call randperm() w/ the size of the question list then go down the
>> array of questions in the order of that returned...to repeat then do
>> it over again.

> Actually, sorry, that's wrong. THIS is my code:
>
> function final()
> f = figure
>
> a = (1:2);
> d = randperm(1,1,2) + 1;
> for i = 1:2
> while a(1,d) ~= d
> d = randperm(1,1,2) + 1;
> end

Not sure what your intent is here...

randperm() only two documented calling syntaxes I'm aware of--one or two
arguments. randperm(N) returns 1:N in random order while randperm(N,K)
returns K<=N from 1:N

What is the maximum number of questions you have?

I have an initialization call that was

iq=randperm(nMaxQues);

then inside the loop that controls them sotoo

for i=1:length(iq)
%display question iq(i)

% break loop logic if any
end

I'm not a GUI writer so that part you're on your own...