Topic: Assign a value to a specific matrix location
Replies: 4   Last Post: Dec 6, 2012 10:02 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Assign a value to a specific matrix location

"Matt " <mathieu.horsky@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for your message !
>
> I need to use assignin because I am using a GUI and therefore if I want
> the value entered in the GUI to be used in my script, I need to evalin
> then, and prior to that I need to assignin them in the workspace.
>
> Is there another way to do this ?

Yes. Don't fiddle with the base workspace; use some of the methods described
in the documentation to share information between functions in your GUI
(this should work both for callback functions and for "helper" functions.)
See the two "Data Management..." Concepts on this page:

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/code-to-run-the-gui.html

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com