Topic: How to plot on an axis despite being in "axis off" mode?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 6, 2012 10:16 AM

Steven Lord

Re: How to plot on an axis despite being in "axis off" mode?

"Faisal " <ga67sav@matlab.rbg.tum.de> wrote in message
> I have put a little part of my code
>
> figure
> plot(Clip_M_EF(New_M_index(:,1),1),'xg')
> axis off
> hold on
> plot(New_M_EF_MS,'*r')
> hold on
> plot(Clip_M_EF_GS(New_M_index(:,1),1),'+b')
>
> You see, because I have set axis mode into "off" the following plots
> cannot be plotted into any axis.

Sure you can. All AXIS OFF does is turn off _display_ of the axes labels,
background, etc. The axes themselves are still present.

> But my teacher wants me to be able to plot them in the axis despite having
> them the axis in off mode. He says, "Please modify your code in a way that
> axes, titles, are displayed irrespective of the display mode matlab
> executed earlier.". I have wasted a lot of time searching for it. But I
> could not find any solution. Could you give me any solution?

axis on?

Create a new AXES and plot into that new one?

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com