Topic: Plot inside for loop..help needed!!!
Replies: 10   Last Post: Aug 29, 2013 7:15 AM

vince.rolin1@gmail.com

Re: Plot inside for loop..help needed!!!

On Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:37:08 PM UTC+2, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to plot a figure and in my code the plot command is in a for loop. My problem is that I want to change the marker sign 'o' to an arbitrary one every time I go through the loop. In the code shown below for example, i = 1:10. I would need 10 marker signs in this case. Is this possible?
>
> I would appreciate anyone's help.
>
> for i = 1:10
> hold on
> plot (x,y(i).T,'LineStyle',':',...
> 'Marker','o',...
> 'Color','k',...
> 'MarkerSize',5)
> end
> hold off

Hi,
I'm using a similar idea to change colors, but I want everything to be plotted as a scatter plot of 'o' markers.
My issue is, when I implement this in a for loop as follows:

for i = 1:8
plot(x{:,i},y{:,i},'Color',color{i},'Marker','o')
end

The plot returned consists of lines with the 'o' marker on top. I really only want the markers, how do I remove the line?