Topic: MATLAB: Is it possible to have two event values whilst using ode45?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 7, 2012 9:35 AM

Torsten

Re: MATLAB: Is it possible to have two event values whilst using ode45?

"Kitech" wrote in message <k9rgdt$j2c$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I want two limitations to my ode45 calculation of a movement equation: position and time. I have already got the time event to work but I am not sure if and how I can add another event for limiting the position.
> I also have many different particles coupled together in one ODE equation and need them to stop individually once they reach a 'roof' as they all travel at different speeds... would I be able to achieve this through events? I have an idea on how I would do this but its very complicated and would probably be very slow...
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Multiplying several event functions makes the solver stop or take an action if at least one of the events occurs. Is it this what you meant with your question ?

Best wishes
Torsten.