Topic: write images to different folders
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 12:42 PM

Steven Lord

Re: write images to different folders

"GITTO THAMPI" <gittothampi@yahoo.in> wrote in message
> i'm doing a work in frame extraction from video. i want to save the
> extracted frames to many subfolders that exists in a particular
> location(not current directory). I want to save the first 75 extracted
> frames in subfolder1, the next 75 frames in subfolder2, and so on... this
> is the code i have written..
>
> xyloObj = mmreader('F:short\mov1.mpg');
>
> nFrames = xyloObj.NumberOfFrames;
> disp(nFrames);
> n=1;
> % Read one frame at a time.
>
> for j = 1 : (nFrames/75)
> foldername=strcat('mov1seg',int2str(j));
> f1=fullfile('F:xylo\mov1\',foldername);

So f1 starts with F:xylo\mov1\mov1seg1 and continues with
F:xylo\mov1\mov1seg2, etc. [BTW you may be missing a \ just after F:]

> mkdir(f1);

The directory is created.

> for k=n: n+74
> mov(k).cdata = read(xyloObj, k);
> mov(k).colormap = [];
> %imshow(mov(k).cdata);
> imagename=strcat(int2str(k), '.jpeg');
> imwrite(mov(k).cdata, strcat('F:xylo\mov1\mov1seg',int2str(j),imagename));

This doesn't do quite what you think it does. Let's say j = 1 and k = 1.
What does the STRCAT call return?

j = 1;
k = 1;
imagename=strcat(int2str(k), '.jpeg');
whereToWrite = strcat('F:xylo\mov1\mov1seg',int2str(j),imagename)

F:xylo\mov1\mov1seg11.jpeg

That's NOT where you wanted to write the file. You're missing the separator
between the directory name and the file name. Some comments:

1) You already have the first part of your STRCAT call; you defined it above
as f1. Why recreate that string in your IMWRITE call? Just use f1!
2) You used FULLFILE in the construction of f1. Why didn't you use it
instead of STRCAT? FULLFILE handles adding in the separator automatically.

imwrite(mov(k).cdata, fullfile(f1, imagename));

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com