Topic: matlab/mex function doesn't free memory
Replies: 22   Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 1:49 AM

James Tursa

Re: matlab/mex function doesn't free memory

"Xueming " <emilyhexueming@hotmail.com> wrote in message <k9sg64$2c9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> James,hank you very much for pointing out my misunderstanding of garbage collection mechanism, and my careless about pointer initialization. I found the memory management issues on Mathwork website, and gonna take a look very carefully.
> Btw, I tried to put mexMakeArrayPersistent(mxCell_g);
> following
> mxSetCell(mxCell1,1,mxString);
> mxCell_g=mxCell1;
> but it did work. I was wondering since there is a cell in mxCell1, should I keep it from being destroyed as well?

What do you mean "... but it did not work"? Can you show your current code and what errors/problems you are currently encountering? As far as mxCell1 being a cell, that makes no difference ... mexMakeArrayPersistent works regardless of the type of variable argument.

James Tursa