Topic: Save a gui plot in a new file
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 17, 2012 8:10 AM

Richard Quist

Re: Save a gui plot in a new file

"Mara " <mara.srosado@gmail.com> wrote in message <k9osf6$ohh$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hello everyone,
>
> I need your help.
>
> I'm making a GUI with several push buttons and axes.
> By clicking in a push button, appears a graph in the axes.
>
> What I want to do is, by clicking in other push button, it saves the image in a new image file.
>
> This is what I have:
> function [ output_args ] = gera_imagem (grafico_i)
>
> [ficheiro_nome3, directoria_nome3] = uiputfile('*.jpeg;*.tif;*.png;*.gif', 'Guardar a imagem:');
> nome3 = fullfile(directoria_nome3,ficheiro_nome3);
>
> saveas(grafico_i,nome3);
>
> end
>
> grafico_i is the plot that appears on GUI and that's what I want to save in the file named nome3..
>
> What that saveas do is to save a bit of the GUI menu, not the graph...
>
> How do I copy the graph that's created in the GUI to the new image file?
>
> Can you help please?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Mara

The print command has a '-noui' option that might be useful for you. It will hide the the uicontrols before printing and then restore them after. I can't tell from your post whether grafico_i is the actual figure on not (print only works with figures), but if it is you can try calling
print(grafico_i,nome3, '-noui');
instead of saveas

Hope that helps.