Topic: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Replies: 24   Last Post: Dec 12, 2012 11:48 AM

amzoti

Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?

On Friday, December 7, 2012 5:06:16 PM UTC-8, Virgil wrote:
> In article <75178181-1ef9-4248-89a4-e874ae873264@googlegroups.com>,
>
> amzoti <amzoti@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Friday, December 7, 2012 10:47:11 AM UTC-8, Victor Porton wrote:
>
> > > What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
>

> > > --
>

> > > Victor Porton - http://www.mathematics21.org
>

> > I agree with Arturo's comments.
>

> > You can even verify his statements be taking several books, reviewing the
>
> > errata pages for them and seeing the variability that can result.
>

> > Choose different publishers and levels of books in your search.
>

> > Also, it is worth noting that every effort should be made to get this number
>
> > as low as possible because it is very frustrating to readers, but it is also
>
> > expensive to correct after the fact.
>

> > Regards -A
>

> It is much less expensive now, since most new textbooks and references
>
> are electronically computer files wheich can be editedon computers,
>
> rather than having to correct physical typesettings.
>
> --

I mean if you have printed and distributed 1000 copies and it is full of errors.

Date Subject Author
12/7/12
Read What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Victor Porton
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
amzoti
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Virgil
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
amzoti
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Virgil
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Victor Porton
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Victor Porton
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/9/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/9/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Victor Porton
12/9/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
bacle
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Scott Berg
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/11/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
David C. Ullrich
12/11/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/11/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/12/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
David C. Ullrich
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math
book?
Spammer
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
locorodrigueztorres@gmail.com