Topic: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Replies: 24   Last Post: Dec 12, 2012 11:48 AM

Virgil

Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?

In article <0f583d30-53d9-4fb2-b977-9bfb9e317a5d@googlegroups.com>,
amzoti <amzoti@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, December 7, 2012 5:06:16 PM UTC-8, Virgil wrote:
> > In article <75178181-1ef9-4248-89a4-e874ae873264@googlegroups.com>,
> >
> > amzoti <amzoti@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I agree with Arturo's comments.
> >

> > > You can even verify his statements be taking several books, reviewing the
> >
> > > errata pages for them and seeing the variability that can result.
> >

> > > Choose different publishers and levels of books in your search.
> >

> > > Also, it is worth noting that every effort should be made to get this
> > > number

> > > as low as possible because it is very frustrating to readers, but it is
> > > also

> > > expensive to correct after the fact.
> >

> > > Regards -A
> >

> > It is much less expensive now, since most new textbooks and references
> >
> > are electronically computer files wheich can be editedon computers,
> >
> > rather than having to correct physical typesettings.
> >
> > --

> I mean if you have printed and distributed 1000 copies and it is full of
> errors.

Then you print out a list of errata and distribute it, as far as
possible, to each person having a copy of the text.
--

Date Subject Author
12/7/12
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
amzoti
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Virgil
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
amzoti
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Virgil
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Victor Porton
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Victor Porton
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/9/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/9/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Victor Porton
12/9/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
bacle
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Scott Berg
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/11/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
David C. Ullrich
12/11/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/11/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/12/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
David C. Ullrich
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math
book?
Spammer
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
locorodrigueztorres@gmail.com