Topic: Mathematica is using on my Core i7 PC only on one CPU with 13 %
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 9, 2012 10:57 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: Mathematica is using on my Core i7 PC only on one CPU with 13

On 12/8/2012 12:28 AM, Dr. Peter Klamser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Mathematica is using on my Core i7 PC only on one CPU with 13 %.
>
> I am not looking for parallel computing availability.
>
> I only want, that Mathematica performs on my PC on one CPU at about 70 %
> or better.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Peter

My guess is that you have 8 cores. I did the hard computation
with the help of Mathematica :)

In[119]:= Round[100/13.]
Out[119]= 8

CPU showing represents the % of total load on _all_ cores.

Mathematica is using the one core fully, but that is only
13% of the total capacity.

--Nasser