Topic: Mathematica is using on my Core i7 PC only on one CPU with 13 %
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 9, 2012 10:57 AM

Bill Rowe

Re: Mathematica is using on my Core i7 PC only on one CPU with 13 %

On 12/8/12 at 1:29 AM, klamser@googlemail.com (Dr. Peter Klamser)
wrote:

>Mathematica is using on my Core i7 PC only on one CPU with 13 %.

>I am not looking for parallel computing availability.

>I only want, that Mathematica performs on my PC on one CPU at about
>70 % or better.

The amount of CPU time on any machine Mathematica consumes will
depend on a number of variables including, what computation
Mathematica is doing, what other processes are going on at the
same time, what priority Mathematica has relative to those other
processes and likely the operating system being used. CPU % by
itself is not a good measure of how Mathematica performs. And
since CPU % is impacted by many things outside of Mathematica,
it really isn't something that can be controlled by Mathematica.

There are things you can do at an operating system level to give
Mathematica more priority over other processes that might help
your specific situation. What are you hoping to accomplish?