Topic: fom - 01 - preface
Replies: 35   Last Post: Dec 16, 2012 12:20 AM

Virgil

Re: fom - 01 - preface

In article
<a73f5c4d-e213-42d4-b9e0-16c68c1b238f@x3g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 8 Dez., 23:42, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
>
> > > A question: Do you believe that there are more than countably many
> > > finite words?

> > Only if words can be built from infinite alphabets.

> Wrong. A word is always finite. All finite subsets of |N, for
> instance, form a countably set. You are very uninformed!

You did not read my statement carefully enough to understand it.

My statement does NOt imply that there can be uncountably many many
words with an infinite alphabet, it only implies that it cannot be done
without such an alphabet.

Either you let your emotions cloud your mind, WM, or you cannot read
what is actually being said.
--

Date Subject Author
12/7/12