Topic: duplicate data points in scatterplot
Replies: 4   Last Post: Dec 9, 2012 9:20 PM

Stuart Layton

Re: duplicate data points in scatterplot

"ruud verschaeren" wrote in message <hcq5in$cqp$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a scatter plot with some duplicate data points. The standard code writes these on top of each other. In statistical programs they have ways of showing this is a double or triple data point. In matlab I haven't found these methods. Are there standard formulas or file exchange scripts that do this? I had a look but found nothing.
>
> some examples: sunflowerplot and jitterplot: http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/spss/faq/jitter.htm
>
> is there something around for Matlab?
>

> Regards, Ruud

I know its a bit late, but it looks like scatter plot has an undocumented jitter feature:

http://undocumentedmatlab.com/blog/undocumented-scatter-plot-jitter/