Topic: How do you TraditionalForm inside your TextCell?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Dec 9, 2012 11:32 PM

James Choi

Re: How do you TraditionalForm inside your TextCell?

Thank you. It works. But it sure takes a lot more key strokes than
simply doing control-shift-T on the spot.

James Choi

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Hanlon [mailto:hanlonr357@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2012 1:01 PM
To: sabio@isabio.com
Cc: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
Subject: Re: How do you TraditionalForm inside your TextCell?

$Version

"9.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (November 20, 2012)"

Clear[f, x];

In the text cell below select (highlight) the portion
"TraditionalForm[f[x] == E^x]" and use the menu command: Evaluation |
Evaluate in Place (or its keyboard shortcut--Command+Return on a Mac).

This is a test of using TraditionalForm inside a text cell such as for
an equation like TraditionalForm[f[x]==E^x]

Or paste the output of the following into a text cell

f[x] == E^x // TraditionalForm

Bob Hanlon

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 10:58 AM, <sabio@isabio.com> wrote:
> I used to be able to transform a portion of my text cell into
TraditionalForm by highlighting it then pressing control-shift-T. Now
it does not work.

> Generating an output using TraditionalForm, then copying it into my

text cell does not work either.

> In fact, I don't know of any way to signal that I am going to start

typing an equation. In only way I figured out is by using Pallet and
falsely start with exponent template, then do not enter the exponent.