Topic: preview latex in the matlab editor
Replies: 4   Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 12:25 PM

Yair Altman

Re: preview latex in the matlab editor

"Uwe Brauer" wrote in message <ka4i3s$bhb$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
[snip]
> publish generates a LaTeX file, while I am talking of displaying LaTeX formula in the editor as png.

This is not entirely correct. If you publish to an HTML webpage, for example, then the LaTeX formula is saved as a PNG image file.

However, if your point is that you want to embed LaTeX rendering for *display in* (as opposed to *generation by*) the Matlab Editor, then this is not possible (AFAIK). The Matlab Editor can only display text in documents (tabs) that display file contents.

You can display docked figures in the Editor as separate tabs (see the setFigDockGroup utility - http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/16650-setfigdockgroup), but in an editable file tab you can only display text, not images.

Yair Altman
http://UndocumentedMatlab.com