Topic: Fire Breathing Dragons vs. The Lion's Heart
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 2:03 PM

Kevin

Re: Fire Breathing Dragons vs. The Lion's Heart

On Dec 8, 7:39 pm, "n...@bid.nes" <alien8...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 8, 1:32 pm, Kevin <barry196...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Fire breathing dragons.. Russia... Italian...lions
>
>   Lions were native to Britain and much of Europe (including northern
> Italy) during the Roman occupations of those regions.
>
>   Bears are still native to Russia.
>
>   Fire breathing dragons aren't native to anywhere.
>
>   Mark L. Fergerson

Yes, I agree but... the point I'm alluding to is that 'fire breathing
dragon' as a metaphor implies that there is nothing about America or
being an American that is 'dragon-esque'... America always has been
and always will be, in fact, a 'paper dragon'... No matter what
Britian does in response to pressure from America, it is to Britian's
credit that the give us 'lion heart'... A 'lion's heart' can be
clearly objectified separately from 'dragon' or 'fire breathing
dragon'... Islam respects the lion's heart... It is relevant given
America's recent adventures in the Middle East... Richard the Lion
Hearted only had to face 'fodder' in The Catholic Church's crusade
against Islam... Islam objectified only sending fodder to their death
against King Richard out of respect for the British King.