Topic: How to find min distance between two matrix in matlab
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 9:56 PM

Roger Stafford

Re: How to find min distance between two matrix in matlab

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <ka5pae$da9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> A distance is simply the norm of the difference. This is standard definition of Banach's space (matrices is a banach's space), something that is very familiar to mathematicians .
To be a valid "distance" it is only necessary to demonstrate that the norms of matrix differences satisfy the simple axioms for a metric space. The facts that this particular metric is complete and that we have a vector space is unneeded.

However, Simran's use of the adjective "minimum" suggests that perhaps a somewhat different meaning was intended.

Roger Stafford