Topic: text file data into matrix format
Replies: 10   Last Post: Dec 18, 2012 12:01 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: text file data into matrix format

On 12/10/2012 11:48 PM, ali wrote:

> as per your instruction i have written in following way:
>
> fid = fopen('new1.txt'); % the file name is new1.txt which contains 1971X1 cell
> mydata = textscan(fid, '%s %f, %s %f, %s %f');
> fclose(fid);
>
> but my data shows only for 450X1. i just can't understand why. but
>the data for x, y, z is extracted and showed in matrix form. but
>the problem is they are not showing all the data.

are you saying it is read only 450 lines from the file, while the
file contains 1971 lines? humm... may be you can look at
line 451 in the textfile and see if has anything weired in it.

I tried this on my matlab 2012a for 3 lines, and everything worked
ok. I do not know why it stopped at line 450. If you post your textfile
somewhere may be you'll get better help.

---foo.txt-----------
x= 71, y= 7, z= 228
x= 70, y= 5, z= 228
x= 71, y= 5, z= 227
----------------------

EDU>> fid = fopen('foo.txt');
EDU>> mydata = textscan(fid, '%s %f, %s %f, %s %f');
EDU>> mydata{:}

ans =
'x='
'x='