Topic: Grover Whitehurst Testifies Against Class Size Reduction
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 12, 2012 3:23 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Grover Whitehurst Testifies Against Class Size Reduction

Haim posted Dec 11, 2012 5:51 AM:
> Richard Hake

> >e. Whitehurst racked up 220 billable hours? That
> means
> >Whitehurst must have worked nearly thirty 8-hour
> days on
> >it. Wonder what took him so long?
> Richard,
> What's a hatchet job?
> Haim
> No representation without taxation.

If I may "butt in", Merriam-Webster has the following definition:

hatchet job: a forceful or malicious verbal attack
Synonyms (from another source): defamation - calumny - calumniation - obloquy - traducement [more available if required)]

Examples (from GSC) of recommendations/ judgements / pronouncements arising from 'hatchet jobs':

- -- "OBAMA HAS AN IQ OF MID-SEVENTIES!" (jk@israeliteknight's verdict)
- -- "OPMS IS JUST PETTY LIST-MAKING AND NOTHING ELSE!" (Haim and Robert Hansen's repeated hatchet job, calumny, calumniation, obloquy, traducement, defamation. Check out attachments with my message at http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=7934528 for evidence that this is indeed a hatchet job of the most obvious sort);
- -- ... (suggestions invited for more examples)

("Still Shoveling Away! - with apologies if due to Barry Garelick for any tedium caused; and with the observation that the EASY way to avoid such tedium is simply to refrain from opening any messages purporting to originate from GSC)

Message was edited by: GS Chandy