Topic: TIMMS 2011 How did your country go? Not good news for US!
Replies: 7   Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 4:52 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: TIMMS 2011 How did your country go? Not good news for US!

I think this says it best...

"The most striking contrast comes in the 8th grade, where nearly half of all students tested in South Korea, Singapore, and Chinese Taipei (Taiwan) reached the ?advanced? level in math, compared with only 7 percent of American test-takers, according to the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study, or TIMSS, for 2011."

Finland did even worse. Zeev was right.

Bob Hansen