Topic: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Replies: 24   Last Post: Dec 12, 2012 11:48 AM

magidin@math.berkeley.edu

Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:57:25 PM UTC-6, Toni...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:24:03 PM UTC+2, David C. Ullrich wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 08:50:30 -0800 (PST), Arturo Magidin
>

> > <magidin@member.ams.org> wrote:

> > >Actually, that *was* me. You can tell by the e-mail address. The real me posts from member.ams.org; the fake one posts from yahoo accounts.
>

> > So says the one who posts from member.ams.org, in any case... I
>

> > imagine the other also claims to be the real one.
>

> Perhaps, yet it doesn't sound so easy for a troll, _any_ troll ( even that loser trying to pass as Arturo several years now ) to be a member of the AMS, whereas the true Arturo Magidín is (or was) a well-known and respected member of at least two very well-known universities in the USA, one of them being Cal.'s Berkeley, if my memory serves me well.

I don't think it's hard to be a member of the AMS: all you need to do is fill the paperwork and pay the membership fee.

On the other hand, you can check the headers and verify that all obvious forgeries have been posted from Mexico, none of them have an ams address, all my messages for the past few years have come from the ams address, and that the posts in this thread did not originate in Mexico. You can also see that I have much better grammar than the individual sending fake messages.

By the way, my last name has no accents.

(But I suspect David Ullrich is just making a joke)

--
Arturo Magidin

Date Subject Author
12/7/12
Read What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Victor Porton
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
amzoti
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Virgil
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
amzoti
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Virgil
12/7/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Victor Porton
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Victor Porton
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/9/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/9/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Victor Porton
12/9/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
bacle
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
Scott Berg
12/10/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/11/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
David C. Ullrich
12/11/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/11/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/12/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
David C. Ullrich
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math
book?
Spammer
12/8/12
Read Re: What is the average number of errors per 100 pages of a math book?
locorodrigueztorres@gmail.com