Topic: TrigReduce: controlling the scope
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 7:54 PM

Christoph Lhotka

Re: TrigReduce: controlling the scope

Hello,

a workaround could be:

expr = Sin[alpha] Cos[omega tau1] Cos[omega tau2] Cos[beta]

step1 =
expr /. f_[arg_] :> Subscript[f, arg] /; MemberQ[{arg}, alpha | beta]

step2 = TrigReduce[step1]

step2 /. Subscript[f_, arg_] :> f[arg]

Best,

Christoph