Topic: TrigReduce: controlling the scope
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 7:54 PM

Bob Hanlon

Re: TrigReduce: controlling the scope

In[35]:= expr2 = (expr1 =
Sin[alpha] Cos[omega tau1] Cos[omega tau2] Cos[beta] +
Cos[alpha] Cos[omega tau1] Cos[omega tau2] Sin[beta] +
Sin[alpha] Cos[omega tau1] Cos[omega tau2] Sin[beta] +
Cos[alpha] Cos[omega tau1] Cos[omega tau2] Cos[beta]) /.
f_[alpha] g_[beta] r_ :> f[alpha] g[beta] TrigReduce[r] //
Map[Simplify, #, {3}] & // Factor

Out[35]= 1/2 (Cos[omega (tau1 - tau2)] +
Cos[omega (tau1 + tau2)]) (Cos[alpha] + Sin[alpha]) (Cos[beta] +
Sin[beta])

In[36]:= expr1 == expr2 // Simplify

Out[36]= True

Bob Hanlon